Happy Friday! Memorial day weekend is here. And, I am so excited to share this recipe with you. What better way to celebrate than with an easy Dr. Pepper Steak Tip recipe. This simple marinade has all the bells and whistles. Not only, is this a crowd pleaser for your celebratory festivities, but you can easily make an excuse to whip up a batch of these succulent steak tips for all those special father’s out there.
These juicy bites of steak can also become a delicious seasonal recipe that you will definitely add to your summertime grilling plans – I promise!
Who doesn’t love Dr. Pepper? This all time American soda pop, has such a unique flavor, and is filled with sweet spicy flavor. In fact, Dr. Pepper is a wonderful marinade for steak, pork, and chicken. Do you feel the love already? And, these Steak Tips are marinated with all that love and spicy sweetness. Pretty cool if you ask me. All the sweet flavor from the soda pop helps to seal the juiciness of the steak, and at the same time the wonderful marinade helps to create a beautiful char once it is grilled to perfection. Sweet, salty, and filled with wonderful flavor – this recipe is sure to deliver a tasty bite.
Just look at that juicy sirloin steak cut into mouth-watering bite-sized pieces. These beauties are marinated in Dr. Pepper, Italian Dressing, Worcestershire sauce, and my favorite barbecue sauce; Sweet Baby Ray’s original. All these ingredients help to add a little caramelized brown char to outer layer, making them taste just like heaven.
This Dr. Pepper Steak Tip recipe will be a true summertime favorite for all you steak lovers out there. And, a relatively inexpensive steak dinner for the family too! My kids normally do not eat steak, but when I broke the news that they were marinated in Dr. Pepper, of course they could not resist.
In fact, I should have made double!
- 1.5 pounds of beef sirloin tips (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper
- ½ cup of Italian Dressing
- ¾ cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbeque Sauce
- ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablepoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- In a gallon size ziplock bag, cut and add the steak tips.
- Pour the Dr. Pepper, Italian dressing, Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Seal and make sure you massage the marinade into the steak tips.
- Refrigerate and marinate for at least 24 hours (I like to marinade for 2 days to get the extra flavor).
- Grill the steak tips on medium to high heat, turning once for 3-4 minutes a side depending upon how you like your steak.