I think I have been inspired with all the beautiful dyed eggs this Easter. Bright, beautiful, and full of vibrant colors that have filled my household full of cheer; and I hope yours this past weekend. This Easy Beet Pistachio Ravioli with Lemon Butter Sauce, mimics all the wonders that the tradition of the Easter holiday places on our tables, year after year.
Not only, is this a perfect recipe for the newly sprouting seasonal colors flourishing outside, but the quick assembly and fresh ingredients folded into these cute wonton wrappers, are a perfect way to celebrate the beauty that is about to unfold this season. This Easy Beet Pistachio Ravioli with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe should be placed on your tables for every holiday, or parties in between.
Can these get more beautiful? Just look at the deep magenta color of these dollops of deliciousness. This recipe is simple, packed full of taste, and gourmet without all the difficulties of gourmet cooking. Not to mention, beets are full of vitamins and minerals, despite their exotic beauty and color; ultimately having you crave these cute little pockets of joy year round. Of course if your like me, and have no time to make fresh pasta, simply purchase wonton wrappers in your local supermarket to create these little bundles of fun.
I tell you, growing up I absolutely hated beets. One reason might be because I choked on them as a child, and then became extremely traumatized to even attempt a second trial run. But, as I matured, and overcame this crazy fear, I found a new appreciation for these delectable root vegetables.
Add the Lemon Butter Sauce, and it will enhance all the nutty, sweet, earthy flavors; adding a nice balance of citrus notes and zing. Your taste buds are bound to burst and I guarantee you will want seconds.
The rich, sweet flavor of roasted beets are unique, and once they are complemented by sharp Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, creamy ricotta, mascarpone, and nutty pistachios swirled together with love in a food processor, you will see that these ingredients create a heavenly dinner.
Share the love with these mouth-watering homemade beauties. Spring deserves a little celebration, and a red ray of sunshine on your dinner plates.
- 1 package of wonton wrappers (approximately 36 wrappers)
- 1 6.5 oz package beets or 6 oz can of beets
- 1 egg beaten (for sealing ravioli)
- ½ a cup part skim ricotta
- 3 tablespoons of mascarpone
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- ¼ cup of pistachios
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ⅛ cup of minced mint for garnish (optional)
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ lemon (3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add the beets, ricotta, mascarpone, Parmigiana Reggiano, pistachios, salt, pepper.
- Pulse and combine until smooth.
- On a clean working surface, lay out wonton wrappers. Using your fingertip (or a small pastry brush), cover all the edges of the wonton wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Using a teaspoon, place a dollop of the beet and cheese mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in a triangle, and seal all the ends of the ravioli. Repeat until all the raviolis are assembled.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of water. Add the raviolis and working in batches, place them in the boiling water for approximately 5-6 minutes until they float, and are transparent.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cook until slightly browned. Add the lemon juice, zest. Stirring until combined. Salt and pepper if you so desire.
- Place the raviolis on a nice platter and drizzle with the lemon butter sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped mint (optional).