Time for dessert! A scrumptious Peach Blueberry Bavarian Torte crispy and ready to dig those forks into. Summer is right around the corner, and all the graduation parties, summer barbecues, are cause for a celebratory sweet, fruity, and creamy treat. This dessert is sure to wow all the peeps with a presentation of colorful beauty, that will be sure to have all those guests begging you to quickly plate a slice for them ASAP!
This peach torte is fluffy and light, and has a wonderful cheesecake consistency. A buttery, tender pecan crust, topped with a luscious cream cheese filling, adorned with juicy peaches and fresh blueberries. Simple, and divine, and simply beautiful to look at.
This recipe has been in my family for generations. My Aunt Bernie used to make this delightful dessert with just the peaches on many special occasions. Of course, I am not sure where she acquired this delectable recipe, but the word on the street is that she swapped this recipe in her nursing school days. Regardless, this glamorous torte never lasts more than a second once it is put on the table.
There are many variations of this recipe, but this one opts for the healthier alternatives. I used whole wheat flour, and light cream cheese to lighten this winner up. And, for extra summery fun, I topped this beauty with some bright blue wild blueberries. Don’t you just love summer? Filled with wonderful fruits that are screaming for center stage, all while they complement one another with fruity flavor. This delightful torte sure takes the center stage, and I can assure you that you will be begging for another slice.
This recipe will become a staple in your dessert repertoire. Quick, simple, and damn good-looking – everyone will think you slaved away for hours creating this masterpiece. My kids devoured this treat in one sitting. And, that sure is a testament to how scrumptious this little bite of heaven is.
Just make sure you save room for dessert!
- ½ cup of butter softened
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup of finely chopped pecans
- 1 8 ounce package of light cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 28 ounce can of sliced peaches (drained)
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- In a large mixing bowl with a mixer, blend the the softened butter with sugar and vanilla at medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add flour until blended. Stir in the finely chopped pecans.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 10 in springform pan and press approximately 1 inch up on the sides of springform pan (you can also use a 8 or 9 inch springform pan for extra thickness on the crust if you so desire).
- In a small bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and continue to mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 450º degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the drained peach slices, cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix and assemble the peaches side by side, creating a circle - working from the outside inward. Do not pour the liquid onto the torte. Reserve for blueberries.
- Sprinkle the ½ cup of blueberries over the torte.
- Bake the assembled torte at 450º degrees for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 400º degrees and bake for an additional 25 minutes.