So you say you want to get your grill on this week? Well, have a got a special treat for you. Strawberry Bourbon Habanero Ribs are falling off the bone and ready for you to have on this beautiful Sunday! I have been making an effort to get my grill fired up with this seasonable weather, and these irresistible tender racks of love are calling your name.
Not only are these juicy baby back ribs made with a one of a kind Strawberry Bourbon Habanero BBQ Sauce, but they are sure to offer a jolt of fiery flavor to your weekend meals. Sweet, spicy, and full of bourbon flavor; these baby back ribs are a quintessential summer food that everyone needs to get their hands on.
I know. Summer seems to be light years away, but why not celebrate easy meal solutions that are the staples of summer fun? The sun is shining, and I am ready to embrace the beauty of summer ease, especially while my kids are on spring break for a whole week.
These Strawberry Bourbon Habanero Ribs are mouth-watering and doused with my homemade Strawberry Bourbon Habanero BBQ Sauce, and I promise you that they will have you whistling a new tune once you sink your teeth into these charred pieces of joy.
There is a perception that all ribs take hours, upon hours, of preparation. In fact, I believe that you can have wholesome ribs without extensive labor, or fancy smancey smoking techniques.
Did I mention that these ribs take only an hour and 10 minutes to make? How can this be possible you might ask? Well, grab those handy pots, and boil the heck out of these puppies. Yes, boiling helps to tenderize the meat, and ultimately speeds up the process of creating ribs that fall off the bone.
Once you have the foundation of succulent meat, glazing, and grilling these slabs of heaven are the last key to creating successful flavor. There is no need to spend hours of time baking or fussing over these cute little charred racks of baby backs.
Get your grilling techniques in check.
- 5-7 lbs of baby back ribs (de-membraned)
- Strawberry Bourbon Habanero BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of onion finely minced
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1½ cup of ketchup
- ½ cup of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries cut chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ of a Habanero pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- In a food processor, add the chopped strawberries and Habanero pepper. Puree into a fine pulp.
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté until transparent and soft. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the bourbon, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the strawberry puree and continue to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, boil water.
- Take the baby back ribs, and make sure you cut the membrane off the underside with a knife.
- Cut the ribs into sections, and place in the boiling water for at least an hour.
- Once the ribs have boiled for an hour, place on a cookie sheet.
- With a brush, cover the boiled ribs in the Strawberry Bourbon Habanero BBQ Sauce.
- Set a grill to medium heat, and place the smothered ribs on.
- Grill 5 minutes a side, until nicely charred.